Saturday, December 5, 2009

Tropic Thunder

Rainy season. Showers have begun. Thunder and lightning is much more intense then back home, especially when everything is amplified by tin roofs. Today was going to be a beach day, but turned into a board-games, tea, and movies day because the crazy down pour of rain we got. One of many urban myths here is that people are hurt or killed by the sound of thunder, and the lightning is the warning the killer thunder is coming. So when you see light, you are to hit the ground so the thunder doesn't get you. Unfortunately it is quite backwards, although it would be nice to know when and if you were about to be ‘thundered’ to death.

Metacainias are a type of sand flee and burrows into your feet and lays its egg sac around it self, and a needle is used to dig it out, being carful not to break the egg sac and spread the babies. I have been pretty proud I had not had one of these crazy things that I was told wiggle in your toes so you cant sleep at night etc… and then the other day I saw something particular in my 2nd toe of my right foot. I got one of the boys to take out my first metacainia and it turned out there was 3 in the same toe under my nail! EwwwW! I have broken my record on the first shot, and I think some of my other toes have them as well. My feet are in rough condition as usual, and I wouldn't mind anyone’s prayers or thoughts and even suggestions towards my situation. Metacainias are very common, even there is a soccer cheer saying in the Sena language “leave metacainias leave! You itch metacainias you itch!”. One team chants this towards the opposing team. Cute.

Everywhere I go everything is full of life. Literally. I have a mushroom growing beside my light switch on my wall, and various other types of mold along it. Towels, cloths that don't dry for days and straw baskets give my room a nice musky smell. Each night my bed sheets have a moist feature as if they were pulled from the drying-machine too soon. At least I don't need to put on moisturizer. ☺

p.s. I have my old number back 258 824276276!!! So call / text anytime. I usually have insomnia or am up chasing rats so don't worry about the time difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment